Monday 25th May 2020
I love that I have writer friends who I can text and ask questions about time travel without having to qualify that it’s novel research.
I could use some time travel right now. I really wish I could travel into the future and back again to explore the outcomes of a couple of different choices.
I feel I am at one of those crossroads in life at the moment, where choices I make now could have big implications in the future. Obviously hindsight will tell me which choice I should have made, but I don’t have the benefit of that right now. And so I feel really anxious about making the “right” choice.
To make things even more complicated it’s not one of those A or B type choices. This isn’t a fork in the road, this is a busy interstate with lots of options. Even just standing still for a while to see how things develop is a choice.
It’s been stressing me out all weekend, making me question myself and my motives.
I’ve come to several conclusions
- Whatever I choose, I’m never going to know the outcome of the other option. 6 months from now the other option might seem like it was the one I should have taken… but butterfly flaps its wings and all that and I could have been hit by a bus
- The right choice is the unselfish option. If my long, thoughtful walks over the weekend have amounted to anything, it’s that patience isn’t always unselfish.
- But neither is being rash. Less patience might be the better option, no patience probably isn’t the best.
- There are principles that I’ve always used to guide me. When in doubt I should refer back to those.
- There’s probably no one right answer.
I understand this is all a bit cryptic but like the choice I eventually make, hindsight will give clarity.
- Twitter: @figures
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adrianfaulknerwriter/
- Instagram: AdrianFaulkner
Past Issues: 457 | 456 | 455 | 454 | 453 | 452 | 451 | 450 | 449 | 448 | 447 | 446 | 445 | 444 | 443 | 442 | 441
440 | 439 | 438 | 437 | 436 | 435 | 434 | 433| 432 | 431 | 430 | 429 | 428 | 427 | 426 | 425 | 424 | 423 | 422 | 421
420 | 419 | 418 | 417 | 416 | 415 | 414 | 413 | 412 | 411| 410 | 409 | 408 | 407 | 406 | 405 | 404 | 403 | 402 | 401
Past Years: 2019 – The Year of Soldiering Through | 2018 – The Year of Priorities | 2017 – The Year Of The Offensive